Monday 6 January 2014

Should I buy Photo recovery software for Mavericks or a Combo


Last week we had this dilemma and were struggling whether to buy Mac photo recovery program or data recovery software, which can retrieve all types of data. We (Me and my cousin) sat together to find the answer.

I have Mac mini with the latest Mavericks installed in it. While searching for some tool to undelete photos on my camera memory card, I came across many tools. Some were specified with single type of task (recovering photos only) whereas some were to recover all types of data.

If we talk specifically about products then here is a short comparison Yodot, Stellar Phoenix and Card Rescue


Sr. No
Name of Software
Features
Price
1
Card Rescue
Recovers photos, Videos
$ 39.95
2
Yodot
Recovers photos, Videos
$ 59.95
3
Stellar Phoenix Mac Data Recovery
Recover all types of data
$ 99.00

If we concentrate only on price and neglect the features, then Card rescue is best but, I was searching for some long term solution for data loss problem in my Mavericks. So, instead of buying a light product for photo recovery software for Mac, I invested in Stellar Phoenix Mac Data Recovery and now feeling working in a risk free environment.


No comments:

Post a Comment