Monday 24 February 2014

Recover Mac Data with Windows system


A few days ago when my Macbook got crashed and the hard drive remained working, I was trying to get my data back with the help of Windows Machine. But, I was wondering if I could install some Mac data recovery software on Windows to scan my drive and carve the data out.

While searching for some solution to recover Mac data on Windows PC , I came across Stellar Phoenix Mac on Windows. This application scans hard drive attached with windows machine, to scan for all types of data.

How to recover Mac data on Windows

  • Install Stellar Phoenix Mac and select your desired option out of – Drive Recovery, iPod recovery, Photo Recovery, Resume Recovery, Create Image.
  • In case of "iPod Recovery", it enlists all the iPod(s) connected to the system.
  • The Photo recovery offers all the volumes in your machine. You need to select the one where your photos reside. It previews the selected file/photos, which are recoverable. 
  • Select the files and folders that you want to recover and click Recover.
  • The trial version offers a free scan, which can be saved and resumed later with “Resume Recovery”. Its saves time

Why I preferred this software
  • Can recover all types of lost or deleted files and folders
  • Retrieves volumes which are either lost or deleted
  • File Filter option to retrieve any specific type of files
  • Can create and save image of drive
  • Option to preview files before actually recovering them
  • Supports HFS, HFS+, HFSX, HFS Wrapper file systems


Final Comment

Although there can be many software to serve the same task but, what matters the most is ease to use and cost effectiveness. Stellar Phoenix Mac is the name I can refer in all these respects.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment